13 June 2021 09:00 - 16:30
Advanced 1 and Advanced 2: Focus on Variations (Female only) – Tauranga
This is a one day practical workshop with Tutor Carole Speirs in which participating teachers will gain a detailed understanding of the steps and movements of each of the Advanced 1 (female) and Advanced 2 (female) levels. Learning activities will focus on the development of correct technique through the progression of vocabulary, differences in music and style for each variation. The workshop will also provide the opportunity to discuss the related examination assessment criteria and exercises for the development of correct technique.
The aims of this one day practical workshop is to boost participants’ confidence in teaching the variations for the Advanced 1 (female) and Advanced 2 (female) syllabi variations through enhancing their knowledge and understanding of technique, style and musicality.
Participants will be able to:
- demonstrate, physically and/or through explanation, an understanding of the technique and movement quality in each variation
- demonstrate, physically and/or through explanation, an understanding of the correct style and performance elements for each variation
- discuss musical interpretation
Participants will have knowledge and understanding of:
- approaches to help their learners develop expressive and confident performance
- the relationship between elements of technique, style, musicality and overall performance outlined above
- the assessment criteria for Examinations (female and male)
|09:00 - 16:30||1 day||Members $195 |
|3 June 2021 4:00pm|
Who can attend?
This course is for professional dance educators and higher education students.