21 March 2021 09:00 - 16:30
Pointe work – from Beginners and Beyond – Auckland
This one day practical workshop with Tutor Sue Nicholls is designed to increase a ballet teacher’s confidence and knowledge of teaching pointe work to students at different stages of training.
The workshop charts preparation and training progressions which underpin the requisites of vocational level pointe work. Participants will be introduced to, and explore through demonstration, the vocabulary of pointe work from Intermediate Foundation through to more advanced levels of training. Examples of training exercises which prepare students for the progressive demands of pointe work, as well as strategies for implementing training exercises, will be explored.
The aims of this workshop are to:
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the evolution of pointe shoes and the fitting and maintenance of pointe shoes;
- Improve the participants’ knowledge and understanding of pointe work with a particular focus on how to prepare and train pointe work across different stages of training and proficiency;
- Share and discuss ideas on creating and teaching preparatory exercises, training exercises and pointe work enchaînements.
On completion of the workshop you will:
- Have knowledge and understanding of the evolution of pointe shoes, fitting and maintenance of pointe shoes;
- Have knowledge and understanding of the principles (anatomical readiness and technical competencies) which indicate when students are ready to commence pointe work;
- Have developed skills to create preparatory exercises, training exercises and pointe enchaînements for different levels of study;
- Have knowledge and understanding of the needs of different students when teaching pointe work;
- Developed different approaches and strategies for teaching pointe work.
|09:00 - 16:30||1 day||Members $195 |
|11 March 2021 4:00pm|
Who can attend?
This course is for professional dance educators and higher education students.