23 July 2023 09:30 - 16:30
Syllabus Strategies: focus on Grades 6, 7 and 8: female - Auckland 23 July 2023
A one-day practical course in which participating teachers will gain an understanding of how to teach the Grade 6, 7 and 8 syllabi, focusing on female work. Learning activities will focus on creating appropriate development exercises to encourage an accurate interpretation of the criteria used in the mark scheme of the examination.
The aim of this one-day practical course is to boost participants’ confidence in teaching of the RAD’s Grades 6, 7 and 8 syllabi through enhancing their knowledge and understanding of the criteria used in the mark scheme of the examinations.
- Look in depth at the philosophy of Grades 6, 7 and 8,
- Offer a chance to improve understanding of specific areas within the syllabus, particularly in regards to technical, musical and performance aspects of the work, as identified by examiners during examinations,
- Reflect on the relevance and interpretation of the assessment criteria in selected exercises and dances,
- Provide a platform to discuss, explore and develop strategies to strengthen areas of the work,
- Support the creation of development exercises for students by defining the requisite skills and knowledge to do so, and
- Participants at the course will be better able to understand the ‘how’ of teaching the syllabus, increase knowledge of the assessment criteria and gain insight into how the candidates are generally coping in the examinations.
On completion of the activity, you will be able to:
- demonstrate, physically and/or through explanation, an understanding of the technique/s at each level,
- discuss the relevance and interpretation of the assessment criteria in selected exercises and dances, and
- help your learners develop the necessary strength and understanding to achieve the requirements of the assessment criteria in the examination.
Ponsonby School of Dance: 5 Lincoln Street, Ponsonby
This course is also available online via zoom
Participants should have knowledge of the exercises and dances of the RAD Grades 6, 7 and 8 syllabi.
8 hours Time-Valued CPD
$195 RAD members / $275 non members
Earlybird special: Register on or before the 13th July $180 RAD members / $260 non members
13th July 2023
|09:30 - 16:30||1 day|
Who can attend?
This course is for professional dance educators and higher education students.