14+ Dance Scholarships
The 14+ Dance Scholarship Foundation was established in 2004 to establish, fund and maintain scholarship programmes, in order to support the professional development, knowledge, understanding and practice of dance by dancers and teachers of classical ballet in New Zealand. Three awards are presented biennially:
- The 14+ Dance Scholarship
- The Elvira Macrae Award
- The Alexander Grant Training Award
The next Scholarship event will be held on 19 December 2020 at Te Whaea, National and Drama Centre, Wellington.
In 2020 the Scholarship will comprise:
- An open class of 1.5 hours
- Two Studies
- A classical variation chosen from the listed classical 19th Century repertoire variations
- The RAD Centenary Variation, choreographed by Sarah Foster-Sproull
See entry information for further details.
14+ Dance Scholarship Entry Form 2020
(you need to download the form and save it to your computer before you complete it. Once saved on your computer you can then go ahead and complete it and save it again before attaching the completed form to an email)
- Coppélia Act I, Swanhilda
- Giselle Act 1, Peasant Pas de Deux, First Male Variation
- Giselle Act I, Peasant Pas de Deux
- Napoli Pas de Six, 1st male variation
- Napoli Pas de Six, 2nd male variation
- Napoli Pas de Six, 5th variation
- Sleeping Beauty Prologue, First Fairy
- Sleeping Beauty Act III, No.23, Variation IV ‘Diamant’
- Swan Lake Act 1, Pas de Trois, 1st female variation
- Swan Lake Act 1, Pas de Trois, A male Variation
The 14+ Dance Scholarship Foundation was set up in 2004, with 26 Founder Members each pledging to contribute $250 per year for ten years in order to fund the scholarship until 2013. In 2014, 22 Members have each pledged $2,500 over the next ten-year period to 2023.
Please consider becoming a contributor to ensure continuation of funding of the scholarship, and the possibility of further scholarships. You may also wish to set up an Award in your own name.