14+ Dance Scholarships
In light of the disruption and changes to the RAD exams and 14+ dates over the past two years, it has been decided to adjust the age criteria for the 14+ Dance Scholarship for this year. Candidates will now need to be under 17 years of age as of the date of the event (11 September 2022) to be eligible to enter.
We hope that this will facilitate some students to enter, who may otherwise have missed out, in these days when young people have missed out of so many things.
The 14+ Dance Scholarship Foundation was established in 2004 to establish, fund and maintain scholarship programmes, in order to support the professional development, knowledge, understanding and practice of dance by dancers and teachers of classical ballet in New Zealand. Three awards are presented biennially:
- The 14+ Dance Scholarship
- The Elvira Macrae Award
- The Alexander Grant Training Award
The next Scholarship event will be held on Sunday 11 September 2022.
In 2022 the Scholarship will comprise:
- An open class of 1.5 hours
- Two Studies
- A classical variation chosen from the listed classical 19th Century repertoire variations
- The RAD Centenary Variation, choreographed by Sarah Foster-Sproull
See entry information for further details.
Te Whaea COVID-19 guidelines as from 26 April 2022
- Mask wearing is encouraged in all common spaces
- If you or anyone in your group is feeling unwell or has Covid-19 symptoms, please stay at home
14+ Dance Scholarship Entry Form
(you need to download the form and save it to your computer before you complete it. Once saved on your computer you can then go ahead and complete it and save it again before attaching the completed form to an email)
- Coppélia Act I, Swanhilda
- Giselle Act 1, Peasant Pas de Deux, First Male Variation
- Giselle Act I, Peasant Pas de Deux
- Napoli Pas de Six, 1st male variation
- Napoli Pas de Six, 2nd male variation
- Napoli Pas de Six, 5th variation
- Sleeping Beauty Prologue, First Fairy
- Sleeping Beauty Act III, No.23, Variation IV ‘Diamant’
- Swan Lake Act 1, Pas de Trois, 1st female variation
- Swan Lake Act 1, Pas de Trois, A male Variation
To find links to watch videos for the classical variations
The 14+ Dance Scholarship Foundation was set up in 2004, with 26 Founder Members each pledging to contribute $250 per year for ten years in order to fund the scholarship until 2013. In 2014, 22 Members have each pledged $2,500 over the next ten-year period to 2023.
Please consider becoming a contributor to ensure continuation of funding of the scholarship, and the possibility of further scholarships. You may also wish to set up an Award in your own name.