Rules and Conditions
Details regarding rules and conditions for our 14+ Dance Scholarship
Applicants are eligible to enter Scholarship provided they:
- are current members of the Royal Academy of Dance,
- are of non-professional status,
- have passed the Royal Academy of Dance Advanced 1 Examination with Distinction before closing date for the 14+ Dance Scholarship, and have not taken the Advanced 2 examination at the time of participating in the 14+ Dance Scholarship.
- are under 17 years of age as at closing date,
- have received training in New Zealand for a minimum of one year prior to the closing date of the Scholarship and are resident in New Zealand.
- The Judging Panel will assess the class, studies classical variation and Centenary variation. The decision of the Judging Panel is final.
- The Scholarship, Elvira Macrae Award and Alexander Grant Training Award, are awarded for further Classical Ballet training.
- The Scholarship winner must commence further study within twelve (12) months of the date of the award. This time limit can only be extended at the Academy’s discretion, and any funds not used within five (5) years of the date of the award will be forfeited.
- All entries must be made on the official entry form.
- All entry forms and payment must be received by closing date.
- Students may re-apply as many times as they wish, provided the entry requirements are met.
- Students who do not follow the Entry Requirements and Rules may be disqualified.
- The Academy reserves the right to alter the Scholarship Rules and Entry Requirements at any time without prior notice.