17 March 2024 09:30 - 16:30
CPD - Syllabus Strategies: focus on Grades 1 - 3 - Christchurch / Online 17 March 2024
A one-day practical course in which participating teachers will gain an understanding of how t teach the Grade 1 – 3 syllabi. Learning activities will focus on creating appropriate development exercises to encourage an accurate interpretation of the criteria used in the mark scheme of the examination.
The Syllabus Strategies Course is designed to:
- Look in depth at the philosophy of the work
- Offer a chance to improve understanding of specific areas within the syllabus, particularly in regards to technical, musical and performance aspects of the work, as identified by examiners during examinations.
- Reflect on the relevance and interpretation of the assessment criteria in selected exercises and dances
- Provide a platform to discuss, explore and develop strategies to strengthen areas of the work
- Support the creation of development exercises for Grades 1 – 3 students by defining the requisite skills and knowledge to do so.
- Attendees at the course will be better able to understand the ‘how’ of teaching the syllabus, increase knowledge of the assessment criteria and gain insight into how the candidates are generally coping in the examinations.
Participants will be able to:
- demonstrate, physically and/or through explanation, an understanding of the technique/s at each level
- discuss the relevance and interpretation of the assessment criteria in selected exercises and dances
Participants will have knowledge and understanding of:
- approaches to help their learners develop the necessary strength and understanding
to achieve the requirements of the assessment criteria in the examination.
This course will be held in person, venue :
Sharon Howells School of Dance
25 Middlepark Road Upper Riccarton
TBC and online via zoom (online numbers will be restricted to 14 persons)
Participants should have knowledge of the exercises and dances of the RAD Grades 1 to 3 syllabi.
8 hours Time-Valued CPD
$200 RAD members / $280 non members
Earlybird special: Register on or before the 7 March 2024 $185 RAD members / $265 non members
If you are paying from overseas please follow these payment instructions (Please note the BIC code is the same as the SWIFT code) https://nz.royalacademyofdance.org/app/uploads/sites/14/2023/03/23085731/Receive-Inward-Payment-Instructions.pdf
There is also information available at this link https://help.anz.co.nz/app/answers/detail/a_id/97/~/receive-an-overseas-payment
If you would like to pay by credit card you will need to call the office +64 43828924 between 9am – 4pm Mon – Friday (NZT)
7 March 2024
|09:30 - 16:30
|10 March 2024 12:00am
Who can attend?
This course is for professional dance educators and higher education students.