7 March 2021 09:00 - 16:30
Syllabus Strategies: Focus on Grades 4-5 – New Plymouth
While we are lucky to have Helen in the area as this keeps our costs to a minimum, we still need at least 4 teachers to register to make the course viable. Therefore, as we did with the last Taranaki course, please register your interest by making a payment of 50% of the course fees ($97.50) by Thursday 4 February. We will then make a decision about whether the course is able to proceed and the balance of the fee will be due by Thursday 25 February. If the course doesn’t proceed, a full refund will be given. If a teacher decides to withdraw after paying the deposit, there will be no refund.
A one-day practical course with Tutor Helen Calman in which participating teachers will gain an understanding of how to teach the Grade 4 & 5 syllabi. Learning activities will focus on creating appropriate development exercises to encourage an accurate interpretation of the criteria used in the mark scheme of the examination.
- Look in depth at the philosophy of the work
- Offer a chance to improve understanding of specific areas within the syllabus, particularly in regards to technical, musical and performance aspects of the work, as identified by examiners during examinations.
- Reflect on the relevance and interpretation of the assessment criteria in selected exercises and dances
- Provide a platform to discuss, explore and develop strategies to strengthen areas of the work
- Support the creation of development exercises for Grades 4 & 5 students by defining the requisite skills and knowledge to do so.
- Attendees at the course will be better able to understand the ‘how’ of teaching the syllabus, increase knowledge of the assessment criteria and gain insight into how the candidates are generally coping in the examinations.
Participants will be able to:
- demonstrate, physically and/or through explanation, an understanding of the technique/s at each level
- discuss the relevance and interpretation of the assessment criteria in selected exercises and dances
Participants will have knowledge and understanding of:
- approaches to help their learners develop the necessary strength and understanding to achieve the requirements of the assessment criteria in the examination.
|09:00 - 16:30||1 day||Members $195 |
|4 February 2021 4:00pm|
Who can attend?
This course is for professional dance educators and higher education students.